Thursday, November 24, 2005

For the record

We were more than just a tour date.
You were more than just a song.
We sweat and sang together
and that helped us to carry on.
We were more. You were more.
For the record.

I just got back from the Stretch Arm Strong and Suicide Machines show. I'm not into hardcore, but I am a huge SAS fan, and I have been wanting to see them since the first time I heard their music several years ago. The Suicide Machines gave an awesome show, with a lot of interaction with the crowd. So, how was the SAS show? Here is the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

The Good

SAS packed SO much energy, and I couldn't help but to sing along all the time. Their sound was impecable, and their guitar riffs were just amazing. One of the guitar player noticed my energy and walked accross the stage just to connect fists with me. The songs that they played were among my favorites, and I had a total blast that left me voiceless. They also acknowledged how much I was into their music, and they gave the proper fan service. There weren't that many people at the show, and the stage was small, so it was very personal.

The Bad


Their set was a bit too short. I wanted to hear more songs, and I convinced the singer to play at least one more. The show being just before Turkey-Day, there weren't many people. Most of them were there to see the Suicide Machines, and didn't care about this hardcore band.

The Ugly


Some stupid drunk guy kept acting like a dumbass. SAS several times tried to calm him down from the stage, and at one point had to stop a song because the bouncer got into a fight with the drunk dumbass. Not cool at all. I think that SAS decided to cut it short in part just because of that guy.

No comments: