Saturday, May 07, 2005

Rilo Kiley

The Rilo Kiley concert last night was surprisingly good. They rocked more than I thought they could ever do, and had a very tight show overall. The most shocking part was that I thought that besides the lead singer, a girl that dressed like out of her 60 y/o mom's closet, they had another girl in the vocals. I was wrong, the backup vocals person was a guy, and I think his register was higher than most girl singers I've ever heard.
I also had seen Neva Dinova before, as the opening band for the very dissapointing Bright Eyes concert. I remembered them as being pretty lame, even their free music in their web page isn't that good. But last night it was like another band. They had interesting surreal videos on stage, sort of inspired on the Smashing Pumpkins, and in my book, that is a good thing. Also, their sound changed a lot, now they have a very strong Radiohead influence, and in my book, that is a good thing and very hard to pull off. Best wishes to them, they could mature into a pretty good band if they keep going in that direction.

No comments: