Monday, September 26, 2005

salsoul killed salsa

I love salsa music... True, fat, hardcore salsa music. Z93 has always been my favorite radio station because that's what they give. Good salsa all the time. However, about 2 years ago Salsoul copied Z93 and removed all of their non-salsa music. Sadly, Salsoul won and they stole a lot of public from Z93.
I still preferred Z93 because they had better salsa. However, they started to lose ratings and began to include crappy radio shows. That's when I stopped listening to Z93 and started listening Salsoul. But my father, who was the one to introduce me to the station, continued to listen to Z93 faithfully. Now, Salsoul is playing reggaeton and merengue. Reggaeton!!! A salsa station is playing reggaeton!!! There's no good salsa station anymore.
Last weekend, I saw some Hector Lavoe cd's in my home. My father bought them because z93 is not good anymore.
Salsa is dead. Salsoul killed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on most of the crappy music they play on the "colaos". They should stay with salsa and a little reggaeton, because reggaeton isn't all that bad and it's the new thing now.