Monday, September 26, 2005

The Kiddie Pool

At the last few hours of the ACL, the wind created a dust storm. I was all covered with dirt, tired and craving a cold beer and a shower. I decided to leave the festival grounds before the last concert was over, and on my way to the car there were these guys that had parked their mobile home down the street, and had an awesome setup of a kiddie pool, beer and a water hose. These guys knew that most of the 60,000 people from the concerts would walk by there, and they were waiting to spray them with the water hose.
As I walked down, they sprayed me. It was exactly what I needed, so I asked them to spray me with some more refreshing water. Then, I thanked them for the public service they were performing, and they offered me some beer. So, I spent 6 beers hanging out with them, spraying people with water and listening to good punk music. It was so much fun! Finally, my friends walked by, and they were surprised to see me drinking beer there with these strangers.
It gave some awesome closure to an awesome weekend.

No comments: