Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Ugly, H Hour

The ugliest part was the, well, they screwed us up. We were told several times how we were not responsible for the drinks (water, tea). I was told not to worry, that it wouldn't be our responsibility.

In the end, since no one did it, we had to do it. That meant that we lost a lot of people to the process of bringing ice, filling up the water in the tables and so on. Old ladies got impatient with us, and couldn't understand that it wasn't even our responsibility to do that. We weren't getting paid for this. But they didn't know.

It also represented that people like me ended up being force to serve people. I said many times how I wasn't going to deal with serving people food. I like to work behind the curtains. Dealing with people, well, isn't my strength. I don't have much patience and can't fake a smile for more than 10 seconds. But, there was no one else to do it, so I had to. And I hated it. It was horrible.

Phobos was tempted to kill a couple with his chef knife.

First, they walked towards the special flan that we worked so hard decorating. This flan was going to be just for the newly married couple, and I had it out of reach of people. There was this guy who was a bit drunk, and his date, who was a total bitch who only talked about how Austin sucked because it didn't have a 5 star hotel, and the best hotel in town didn't have engravings in the doorknobs.

Engravings in the doorknobs...

They approached the special flan, and my flan-sense told me that they were going to ruin it. I ran to save the flan from them, but failed to. The guy, for some reason I still don't understand, decided to tilt the plate of the flan, spilling the caramel all over the table and ruining some of the flan decorations.

I was furious.

I was able to clean up the mess, and redecorated the flan, and not much harm was done. I ran back to my station after yelling to the couple as if they were bad dogs: "NO! NO! NO! GO AWAY!". There I started to serve more flan to people, and the couple decided to make the line and ate some flan. The problem was that they just stood there, in the middle of the line, standing there, eating, blocking access to the table, and more importantly, irritating me even more.

The girl was talking about how she was an architect, and how the best feeling ever was when she was wearing her power-suit for a power-meeting talking to the clients and closing a billion dollar deal.

Zeus, if you send a lightning from the clouds and kill the power-girl, I will sacrifice a bull every full moon.

The guy started to get excited in the conversation with the power-girl; his drunken hands moving in wide circles. I thought he was going to stab someone with his fork with his gesturing. Instead, he dropped the fork right on top of a flan.

I fisted the knife I was using to cut the flan.

I walked away from the station, and decided to chill out with the GoatMini and the DonkeyNano.

I hate people.

No comments: