Monday, April 17, 2006

Things I learned from D Day

- I should buy a good torch for caramel.

- Drunk people like to serve themselves flan with their bare hands.

- The service industry is a lot worse than I thought it was.

- I love cooking. I love cooking under pressure. I love cooking with awesome people. We had a blast.

- People that aren't good at cooking can be trained very fast to perform important tasks in the kitchen.

- There is never enough rum.

- Some people say that they want to help out, don't really mean to. When the party starts, they will forget they had stuff to do.

- I get irritated easily when I'm very tired.

- Quality food processors are worth their money.

- This wasn't the best way to meet chicks. I was hoping to meet some hot chicks at the wedding that would be impressed by our crazy adventure. I was so busy that I wasn't even able to check them out.

- I need a good, big, pressure cooker.

- Setting up stations is important. Make people responsible for their station, including their equipment and cleaning it up.

- Duct tape is a wonderful thing.

- Make people commit to clean. Everyone wants to cook, but very few want to clean. The mess we made was so horrendous that the owners of the Ranch were very worried. Don't worry, we did a great job cleaning everything after we were done.

- Smoking pork looks like a lot of fun.

- Chef jackets and hats are very well design for their tasks.

- Restaurant food distributor have some really good and cheap ingredients in bulk.

- I don't have patience to serve people.

- Having a lot of towels is a great thing.

- I'm crazy.

No comments: