Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Horseless Carriage

I have acquired one of those new Horseless Carriages. Unlike normal carriages, it doesn't get tired, and requires less care than your typical horse. Only eats a petroleum product, and excretes gas that smells much better than manure.

My carriage, in particular, is of the standard type; apparently there is a non-standard type too. That means that to operate it you need to have some coordination between both legs as you both push with one and release a pedal with the other while you operate a lever with one of your hands. Why it is so complicated is beyond my understanding. What I do know is that if you misuse the pedals, the carriage starts acting like it was untamed and jumps around. Some other times it just refuses to move, which has already got me into precarious situations.

No comments: