Monday, August 22, 2005

Hoteru Intaruneto

Ohaio gozaimasu!
My flight went by surprisingly fast. The two dramamines and the benadryl made me sleep for 1 hour of it. The rest I spent reading papers. At the train station I did a dumb-gaijin thing, and forgot to grab the train ticket after I scanned it in the machine. You need it again once you exit the train, it turns out. Someone out of nowhere ran to give it to be. Daiyobu desita.
Everyone has cellphones in here, and are always text-messaging each other.
I was treated by on of my friends in Tokyo to the best dinner I have ever had in my life. It was this small sushi place ran by this guy who everyone refered to as sensei. I do not know exactly what I ate, I did not recognize many of the things, and no one could transalte them for me, but it was the best food ever. The textures, colors and flavors where all very subtle and amazing. The cold sake kept on comming, and the conversation was very interesting. I have no idea how much was the cost, as my japanese friend refused to let me pay for my part, but I am pretty sure it was also one of the most expensive dinners I have ever had in my life too. Hashimoto-sensei wa domo arigatoo gozaimasita.
The hoteru is nice, my ruumu is very small but very nice. I love the terevi shows! They are like "A toda maquina" on drugs. My sleeping schedule it is still weird, but not too bad to make me disfunctional.
Now, I am going to walk around some more in the Asakusa (old-Tokyo).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Como te envidio... :)
Mucho exito con tu presentacion...

Phobos said...

De acuerdo a mi phrase book y el libro de Japo colegial, Daiyobu desita significa literalmente "estaba todo bien". Desita es la forma en pasado de desu.