Monday, August 22, 2005

Bacca desu yoo.

After walking around the temples and stores in the Asakuza area, I found an arcade. I decided to check out the games, but the stupid gaijin strikes again, and I changed all 1000 yen (10$) into tokens. That would not seem to be a problem, as most of the arcade games cost 100 Yen per credit, but this little kid, maybe 7 year old, started to follow me around until he finally explained that I got tokens for gambling. That is, the pashinko machines and other gambling machines use tokens, the normal videogames use Yen. I could not play the normal videogames. Soo desu nee. I gave the kid some tokens and followed him, and he showed me how to play some of the machines. It was a very humbling experience. In the end, I spent 10$ playing pachinko, other stupid games and this addictive RPG gambling game.
Now, after getting the map info I needed, I am ready to experience the Tokyo subway and visit Ginza and then Roppongi.

No comments: