Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Exact Words of God

The exact words of God are contained only in The King James Bible. That is what this essay in one of my favorite websites claims.
Instead of trusting in man and his whim-of-the-day Bible version, trust only what God's people gave their lives to preserve: God's words in English, the King James Bible.
Explanations of the different currently used versions of the bible in English can be found here. My favorite version of the bible must be the one that Jules quotes as Ezekiel 25:17 in Pulp Fiction:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Where KJV reads:
And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.
KJV has so much to learn from Samuel L. Jackson.

No comments: