Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Please, don't confuse the cheese with cocaine

The grocery store nearby has an excellent selection of cheeses; and the woman who cuts the cheese is my friend's aunt. She is always recommending new good cheeses for me to try. I am not a cheese expert or anything, but I can recommend a few practical choices.

My favorite kind? It is hard to say, but I find myself constantly buying the king of cheeses, Brie de Meaux. With bread, crackers, wine or just by itself is incredible. I tend to like goat cheeses too, and a very malleable one is the famous Feta. It goes perfect on salads, sandwiches and anything with hummus. At some point in life, everyone should make a pizza with real, fresh Mozzarella. Smoked Gouda is a great fondue cheese. Queso fresco with black beans is another winner. Good ham is the best sidekick to Manchego. Also, check out the cheap Laughing Cow. I am not sure if it is cheese, ("processed milk product" it says), but it is a delicious spread that you can put on anything to make it better.

I just love cheese.

But cheese is not cocaine.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - In an unusual case of mistaken identity, a woman who thought a block of white cheese was cocaine is charged with trying to hire a hit man to rob and kill four men. [...] A search of the home with the permission of the occupants revealed no drugs, only the white, crumbly cheese common in Mexican cuisine.

No comments: