Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why I will never get married

As you might remember, my best friend is getting married. Since we are both living away from where the wedding is (Puerto Rico), and from each other, planning is mostly done through phone and email.
My mother is in Puerto Rico, and she is constantly asking me about his wedding plans. She is always frustrated with my lack of knowledge of the most minuscule details of the wedding, and then she assumes that since I don't know, those details haven't been dealt with by the wedding planner. This empowers her to feel like she is the wedding planner, and she pounds me with things like "Tell him not to forget to [insert random wedding thing that I didn't even know existed]"
I know she is just trying to be helpful, but today it was too much and while on the phone she was driving me crazy and made me think that maybe inserting splinters under finger nails wouldn't be as bad as dealing with her. I invented an excuse to cut her off.

Yes, I am a bad son and I will burn in hell next to the cannibals.

No comments: