Monday, June 06, 2005

The Monster Engine

I have been fascinated for a while with children's drawings. I like their use of colors, and how it changes with age. I like how they abstract shapes from reality and how, given their motor skills that also mature with age, translate them into a picture. For a while , when I was 21 years old, I even attempted to imitate child's drawing at different ages. I don't think I did such a good job, but some people wouldn't believe me at all. They were convinced it was my lil' cousins who made them.

Some artist asks a different question. What would a child's drawing look if it were painted realistically? The Monster Engine tries to answer that question. He takes a child's drawing and redoes the whole thing (most of the time with spray paint). It looks so cool. This one is my favorite. This interview to one of the kids is quite interesting too!

No comments: